If you’re experiencing allergy symptoms for the first time, or if your symptoms get worse when you’re at home, you may have mold growing in your house. Here’s how to identify mold in your home before it can spread and turn into a major problem:
Odor: Though it can be hard to detect at times, even a slight odor of mold can mean that it’s time to get your home inspected by a professional.
Appearance: If you find spots of black, gray-brown or gray-green, it’s likely you have discovered the source of the mold. Mold also comes in white varieties and can take on shades of orange or pink if it’s behind certain types of wallpaper.
If you think you have mold growing in your home, don’t delay. Call Murphy & Sons Plumbing to schedule a mold removal appointment right away.
Asbestos is a mineral fiber that was used in drywall, paint, plaster and other building materials until it was banned by the EPA in the 1970s. In homes built before 1978, there is a high risk that asbestos may be present. It is crucial that you have asbestos removed from your home by certified professionals, because it can cause: